Welcome spring by making birds out of paper that you can hang around your house or create a mobile. This is a nice way to bring the outdoors in. Parents, you may need to help out with the steps that require cutting.
What you need:
What you do:
- Draw the body of the bird on the note card (I believe that the note card gives the bird a little more stability for holding its wings and tail feathers)
- Cut the shape out
- Cut two slots into the shape of the body about where the lines are drawn
- Take a piece of regular paper and cut a 4 inch strip along the bottom
- Fold that piece of paper like an accordion
- Insert the accordion folded paper into the slot and fan out for the wings
- Repeat for second slot making the tail feathers
Let your children get creative by making different sized birds and coloring them all different colors. After you are done making your birds, punch a hole in the top somewhere and thread string through it.