Here’s a fun craft that all ages can help create for a Thanksgiving decoration — the “Give Thanks” Stacking Blocks!
What You’ll Need
16 one-inch blocks (Hobby Lobby has a set for just $2.99)
Silver permanent marker or white paint pen
Regular paper and a pen
What You’ll Do
- With your pen and paper, write down which letters/symbols you would like to appear on the blocks.
- Organize those letters/symbols to alternate colors. We used green, brown and red.
- Once you know how many blocks to paint each color, paint them and set them aside to dry.
- While the blocks are drying, take your scrapbook paper and cut a square that is slightly smaller than 1×1 inch. It doesn’t have to be perfect as that will give each a unique look.
- After you have cut out enough squares and the blocks are dry, glue those squares to the blocks.
- Once the glue has dried, take your permanent marker or paint pen and write in the letters/symbols. Having the children do this step will also add a little character to the blocks. If you decide to do Thanksgiving related symbols like we did, a simple silhouette of them works just fine. No need to add detail to them.
- Set them aside to completely dry.
- After they are dry, you can assemble them on the fireplace mantle or on the table around your Thanksgiving dinner centerpiece.