Those really pretty, metal relief pictures can easily be done at home … without using metal!
What You’ll Need
Card stock or any surface to cover
Blunt object (bottom of paintbrush, dull pencil, etc.)
What You’ll Do
- Take your foil tape and cut a piece to fit the area you want to cover.
- Peel off the back just a little and set it in place. If you peel the backing off all the way on a big strip, the tape will coil and stick together.
- Once you have one end down, slowly peel off the back and press the tape down as you go. Repeat Steps 1 – 3 to have three layers of foil tape.
- If you used paper or an area that you covered that’s bigger than where the tape covers, cut off the excess. We used cardstock, so we cut off the rest.
- We then cut the strip into little squares to have individual art pads.
- With your blunt object, we used the end of a paintbrush, begin pressing down onto the tape to make a design.
- Use your imagination and draw whatever you like. Once you’re done, that’s it. No drying or anything else!