Don’t want to hand lights up around the mantle or in the trees outside? Try Christmas Balloon Lights and you’ll have something great and different.
What You’ll Need
Red, green, white and other colors of plain balloons
Mini mouthwash/bathroom paper cups
What You’ll Do
- Blow up a balloon and tie it shut like normal. Be sure to push the knot down as far as you can without popping your balloon.
- Take a mini mouthwash/bathroom paper cup and with the pen, gently punch a hole in the bottom of it.
- Take the balloon excess from where you tied it, use the blunt/bottom of your pen and push it up into it.
- Take that part of the balloon that is now kind of wrapped around the end of the pen and gently push it through the cup and out the bottom of the cup through the hole.
- Once you’ve done that, be sure to spread out the end of the balloon to cover the hole in the cup. Now your top is attached.
- Paint the cup silver with the paint and paintbrush and let dry.
- Once dry, take a long strip of ribbon and grab a helper. Have the helper pull up on the balloon piece that is coming out the bottom of the cup while you hold the balloon down. Tie the ribbon around the piece of balloon.
- After you tied the ribbon around the balloon, allow that part to go right through the hole in the cup leaving only the ribbon coming out of the hole. Repeat those steps for as many balloons as you want and add them to the long piece of ribbon.
- Before you know it, you’ll have a string of balloon lights!