Beef and Potato Pie
1 prepared 9-inch pie crust
3/4 lb Deli pre-sliced roast beef
1 (8.5-ounce) can mixed vegetables (drained)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
1 (12-ounce) jar beef gravy
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crust from box; microwave, in plastic, on HIGH 20 seconds to soften.
2. Slice roast beef into bite-size pieces; place in microwave-safe bowl. Stir in vegetables and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until hot.
3. Meanwhile, press pie crust firmly into pie plate allowing extra to drape over edge. Pinch together any cracks or tears, then coat with cooking spray.
4. Place potatoes on top of beef mixture and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until hot. Stir potatoes into beef mixture; then spread over pie crust. Trim excess pastry and decoratively pinch edge of crust. Or fold extra pastry toward center, free-form style. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
5. Place gravy in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 1–2 minutes or until hot. Serve gravy with pie.
Serves 4. Recipe courtesy of Publix.