About Azalea Montessori School
Welcome to Azalea Montessori School. We provide an authentic Montessori education for children preschool-kindergarten (ages 3-6) in Cincinnati, Ohio.
At Azalea Montessori School, we believe that all children are naturally eager and inquisitive learners that thrive in a supportive and thoughtfully prepared environment. Through an intentionally small school, we invite strong relationships between teacher-leaders, parents and families, and community partners.
- Our approach is child-centered and values the development of the whole child-social, physical, cognitive and socio-emotional.
- Our environment is beautifully and carefully prepared with specialized Montessori materials in the areas of practical life, sensorial, cultural, language, math and art. Working with these sensory-motor materials develop children’s cognitive skills through direct experience: seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and movement.
- Children are given the freedom of movement and the freedom to choose work. An uninterrupted work time allows the child to develop concentration.
- Children work independently while the teacher introduces new materials and lessons through individual and small group presentations.
- A focus on Grace and Courtesy creates a peaceful and caring community.
Azalea Grows is a nature-based after-school program offered from 3:30-5:30 p.m. It is an intentional program that gives students the opportunity to learn more about the natural world through gardening, tending chickens, caring for turtles and fish, creating art projects with natural materials, cooking, stories and games. A healthy snack is provided.
Share this listing:
24 people have visited Azalea Montessori School's Website from this listing.